There’s a pesto for you
La Spezia – Liguria
Where it takes place
from 2 to 4 hours
Local food and wine, crafts, historical shops, local customs
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 20 people. Suitable for team building and special occasions
The Story to live together
Francesca is firmly committed to celebrate the Gina Grandma’s 110th birth anniversary, well-known in La Spezia for her wonderful pesto, inviting the closest relatives, scattered all around the world. The idea is to make the grandma’s original pesto together and then have a great banquet in her honor. But there is a problem: the recipe is not available because the mischievous grandma, passionate about puzzles, wrote only laconic clues, leaving posterity the burden of recreating her fragrant dish.
Remember, take your shopping bag because you will have to hunt for ingredients around old typical shops and the market-stalls of Piazza Cavour Market.
Francesca, Artès Operator
Hi, my name is Francesca and I’m an expert in food and wine and local customs. I will help you immerse yourself in the Ligurian culinary tradition in Piazza Cavour Market in the historic center of La Spezia. Through tastings and tales you will discover the original recipe of the “mortar – pesto” and we will celebrate the challenge together.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Francesca and breakfast with typical Ligurian focaccia
- Beginning of the “ingredient hunt” in Piazza Cavour Market
- Discovering the craft shops to disclose the secret of pestle and mortar
- Presentation of the best matching wines with pesto in a renowned wine shop
- “Cooking class pesto” with lunch or “Show cooking pesto” with pesto tasting and matching wines
- Delivery of the recreated Pesto Recipe and Final Toast
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
Pesto Genovese is not a vegan food, as it contains cheese.