The ransom of Linguaglossa
Catania – Sicily
Where it takes place
Bar Le Palme,
Piazza Annunziata 4
on foot and by own means,
possibility to organize the transfers
from 2 to 4 hours
History and traditions, agriculture and local enogastronomy
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 15 people
The Story to live together
XVII century, the labourers of Linguaglossa want to free themselves from the greed of Prince Bonanno, who is exploiting them beyond measure. Nadia is a young peasant woman who advocates the dissatisfaction of people to organize the rebellion against the hated exploiter.
So we agree! Nadia is waiting for you in Piazza Municipio, in front of the Town Hall, at signal we will break into the Prince’s rooms and we will run him out, once and for all!
Nadia, Artès Operator
Hi, I’m Nadia, a nature guide. I will make you immerse in the life of the Sicilian peasants of that time, you will discover the cultural and social roots of the territory. You will learn to cultivate the vineyard and the land thanks to the secrets that have been handed down for generations in the most important farmstead of the village.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Nadia and beginning of the rebellion up to the Town Hall
- Re-enactment of the raid on the Palace of Prince Bonanno
- Transfer to the farmhouse by and immersion in the countryside
- Lesson on traditional Sicilian cultivation techniques
- Signing of the contract with Prince Bonanno for the sale of the land
- Great party with songs and dances, lunch or aperitif with typical local products
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /home/experi35/public_html/artes.travel/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 177
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.