The other face of the Madonna of Idris
Matera – Basilicata
Where it takes place
in front of Palazzo Lanfranchi,
from 3 to 5 hours
Crafts, medieval art, rupestrian churches, traditions and enogastronomy
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 20 people. Suitable for team building
The Story to live together
Next month the marriage of Caterina, daughter of the Countess Beatrice, is planned, but tonight an earthquake has destroyed the facade of the rupestrian church of S. Maria dell’Idris and the marriage is at risk. The Countess Beatrice did not lose hope seeking skilful experts of tuff to whom assign the contract for rebuilding of the facade in record time.
The appointment is for tomorrow and if you think you are up to the task, come forward and show what you can do. Please do not forget to bring your work tools!
Rosanna, Artès Operator
Hi, my name is Rosanna, an expert in hospitality and tourism.
I will take you to live an unforgettable experience in the Sassi of Matera. You will discover the secrets of the processing of tuff in the workshop of a tufarolo master who will teach you to make a unique piece made with your hands.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Rosanna and engagement of the participants
- Discovery, with tourist guide, of the secrets of the Sassi of Matera and of the Church of the Madonna of Idris
- Processing or demonstration of tuff in the workshop of a master tuff craftsman
- Exploration of an authentic ancient tuff house
- Aperitif or lunch based on typical local products
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.