The dances of “The Leopard”at the Palace of Pottino marquises
Palermo – Sicily
Where it takes place
Petralia Soprana, Palermo
Bar La Piazzetta,
Via Generale Medici 21
from 2 to 4 hours
Historical traditions and residential architecture from the end of the 19th century, historical dances and local enogastronomy
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families,
individuals and groups up to 30 people. Suitable for pre-weddings
and special occasions
The Story to live together
The Mediterranean Itineraries Association has decided to enhance the Palace of Pottino marquises of Petralia Soprana as an ideal place to shoot some scenes of the remake of the movie “Il Gattopardo” (The Leopard) and assigns Antonella, as a historical expert of the Palace and of the noble life of the late nineteenth century, to select the extras for the film.
Do you feel ready to pass the casting? Antonella is waiting for you “in the little square” in Petralia Soprana and, if you pass the selection, the contract will be yours!
Antonella, Artès Operator
Hi, I’m Antonella, architect and event organizer. I will take you on a time travel to introduce you to the noble Sicily of the end of the 1800s. With me you will discover the village of Petralia Soprana and the beautiful Palace of Pottino marquises from Echifaldo, immersing yourself in the noble atmosphere of the “Leopard” era.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Antonella, casting director, and Matilde, screenwriter
- Through the streets of the village of Petralia Soprana, immersion in Sicilian noble life at the end of the 19th century
- Discovery of Palace Pottino Marquises where the casting will take place. In each room the surprise of a noble life scene with performances by a company of costumed actors
- Exhibition of the Leopard’s original dances with the dancers of the Historical Dances Association who will teach the dance steps to the participants
- Casting with the artistic director
- Delivery of the contract to those who will pass the casting
- Party and celebration with aperitif or lunch with typical local
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.