Sculptor magne, aedifica imperium sine fine!
Rome – Lazio
Where it takes place
Sala Margana entrance,
Piazza Margana 41
from 3 to 5 hours
Archeology and ancient history, art and creativity, craftsmanship, enogastronomy
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 20 people. Suitable for team building and special occasions
The Story to live together
27 BC Rome is changing, the Republic has gone down, the city becomes the capital of a real empire, one of the largest and most elaborate propaganda projects in history begins and Studius, a famous artist, is named one of the masters of the emperor’s new workshop. The task that awaits him is not simple: every action and principle of the new government must materialize in the stone and in the colors of the artist with figures and symbols that make Rome an image of the empire.
Do you consider yourself an artist? Carpe diem, the opportunity should not be wasted! Come to his workshop at 10 Ante meridiem!
Francesca, Artès Operator
Hi, I’m Francesca, an archaeologist and professor at the University of Rome. I will show you how the imperial artistic workshops have created a style that characterizes the ancient works of the capital. You will be the protagonist of this important cultural evolution
What we can do together
- Meeting with Francesca in the historic headquarters of the Sala Margana
- Drawing workshop and archeology lesson
- Craft demonstration of an ancient artistic technique
- Workshop for the creation of a small work inspired by original techniques
- Walk to appreciate personally the works created by your “colleagues”
- Lunch or aperitif with traditional Roman cuisine products in an exclusive location
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
Informal clothing recommended for workshop.