Rome, invisible city
Rome – Lazio
Where it takes place
Via Florida 17
from 3 to 6 hours
Architecture, archeology and history of Rome
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 20 people. On request version for children
The Story to live together
The inhabitants of Rome have lost memory of some of their monuments: medieval porticoes, friezes and stems of Egyptian and Greek granite have gradually become invisible to their eyes. Francesca, director of the Fabrica association, wants to create a group of “conceptual restorers” from all over the world, so that with their external eyes they can restore value and importance to some “monuments” of Rome that have become invisible due to neglect.
With your help we can give a new life to these ancient stones, so don’t miss the first inspection organized by Francesca for tomorrow morning!
Francesca, Artès Operator
Hi, I’m Francesca, an archaeologist and professor at the University of Rome. I will let you experience the scientific method of detection used by archaeologists, the so-called “conceptual restorers”. As a detective, you will rediscover what is now invisible. A unique experience that you can only live in Rome.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Francesca and inspection of the area to be studied
- Approach to the “invisible” monument
- Scientific experimentation of data collection, “archaeological record”
- Collection of literary and bibliographic sources with compilation of a dossier
- Lunch in a restaurant and teamwork for data review
- Elaboration of a personal thought, an anecdote about the monument
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
Recommended clothing suitable for the inspection in the archaeological area.