Fleeing from the pirates in Portofino
Portofino – Liguria
Where it takes place
Santa Margherita Ligure and Portofino, Genova
Info Point Kiosk,
Piazza Vittorio Veneto 1
from 3 to 5 hours
History and culture of the territory, trekking, local cuisine, nature and landscapes
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 15 people
The Story to live together
Alarm! Alarm! From the Castle of S.Margherita Ligure, Debora has just spotted the Corsican Pirates! Hurry up! We must flee to the mountain. Do not worry, we will certainly find a good refuge in the woods and we will be able to survive by discovering the resources that nature provides us with!
But now hurry up, collect supplies and the few belongings, Debora is waiting for you to guide you towards salvation through ancient paths!
Debora, Artès Operator
Hi, I’m Debora, an environmental guide specializing in botany and geology. We will trek in the Park of Portofino, among the scents of the Mediterranean scrub and ocean rocks with fossils dating back 90 million years ago. I will help you to recognize the wild herbs that we will then use in the kitchen of an ancient mill.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Deborah introducing the adventure
- Walk to the Castle of Santa Margherita and sighting of pirates
- Path along the small port of Santa Margherita
- Trekking of about 2 hours on the naturalistic path “La via dei mulini” that connects Santa Margherita to Portofino
- Cooking class and lunch at the Mulino del Gassetta
- Descent to Portofino through hidden paths
- Prize-giving and toast for the adventure with typical bitter or aperitif at a characteristic restaurant in the port of Portofino
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
Path of 4 km, 2 hours of walking, height difference 300 meters.