Fishing with cousin Pepè at the foot of Etna
Acireale – Sicily
Where it takes place
Piazza Vigo 3
on foot and by fishing boat
from 4 to 5 hours
Nature, sea, fishing, local enogastronomy, Sicilian culture
According to the needs of cost and duration for adults, families, individuals and groups up to 12 people. Suitable for special occasions
The Story to live together
Saro’s cousins live abroad, they come to Acireale for the first time and they dream of finding their roots, the sea and the lands they had never seen before and meeting their relatives they have never met. Saro organizes the meeting with Giuseppe, “Pepè”, the only cousin who has decided to continue the profession of grandparents and of great-grandparents: fishing. It will surely be an exciting moment even if it won’t be easy to understand each other, Pepè only speaks the Sicilian dialect! Do you feel ready to learn the ancient secrets of fishing and find your roots? Saro awaits you at sunset in the square of Acireale!
Rosario, Artès Operator
Hi, I am Rosario, “Saro” for my friends, tour and environmental guide, passionate about the Etna culture. I will help you immerse yourself in the Sicilian culture connected with the sea and fishing. I will guide you on a trekking path immersed in the typical Mediterranean nature with a breathtaking view and fishing at sunset will be a truly memorable experience.
What we can do together
- Meeting with Saro at the Cipriani bar for a sweet Sicilian taste
- Naturalistic trekking on the ancient lava rock path “Le Chiazzette” that brought fishermen from the center of Acireale to the port of Santa Maria La Scala
- Arrival at the port, meeting with fishermen and with Pepè, boarding and sailing
- During the fishing, Pepè will tell about his life, his profession and all the secrets of squid fishing
- At sunset, squid fishing
- Dinner on the boat and return to the port of Santa Maria La Scala
- Delivery of the Sicilian fisherman’s certificate
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
Trekking trail 760 meters long, 150 meters height difference, 1 hour walk.
Trekking shoes are recommended, windbreaker for the evening on the boat.